I had the honor of speaking recently to the Minnesota OpenStack User Group in what organizer and networking guru, Kyle Mestery, called their “Massive Minnesota OpenStack Meetup.” Besides having the privilege of listening to fellow speakers Theron Conrey, Colin McNamara, and Sean Roberts, I had the opportunity to speak on the topic of “Building A Multi-hypervisor OpenStack Cloud with KVM and vSphere.” I uploaded the slide deck I used at the meetup and anyone is welcome to download the deck and use it with attribution; my main goal is to help educate the IT community on the possibilities open to them with OpenStack and Cloud Computing.
In my presentation, I reference several of my related blog posts. Below, I’ve included those posts as well as other resources that you may find helpful. Some of the resources provide an overview of VMware with OpenStack while others dive into more technical details.
- The Cloud Doesn’t Answer The Why Or The How
- Talking About vSphere Integration With OpenStack
- OpenStack Compute For vSphere Admins, Part 1: Architectural Overview
- OpenStack Compute For vSphere Admins, Part 2: Nova-scheduler And DRS
- OpenStack Compute For vSphere Admins, Part 3: HA And VM Migration
- OpenStack Compute For vSphere Admins, Part 4: Resource Overcommitment In Nova Compute
- OpenStack Compute For vSphere Admins, Part 5: Designing A Multi-hypervisor Cloud
- APAC Virtualization Podcast – OpenStack For VMware Admins with show notes. (Interview with myself and Tristan Goode)
- The CloudCast – The Journey From VMware to OpenStack Part 1 (Interview with Cody Bunch)
- The CloudCast – The Journey From VMware to OpenStack Part 2 (Interview with me)
- vBrownBag – OpenStack with vSphere (interview with Scott Lowe)
- The CloudCast - Integrating VMware vSphere With OpenStack
- VMware TV – OpenStack With VMware vSphere
There are other great resources out there if anyone cares to search for them. Hopefully, the ones I’ve included in this post will prove to be informative and helpful. As always, all feedback are welcomed.
- VMware Doubles Down on OpenStack Havana Cloud (eweek.com)
- VMware expands management of Amazon, Microsoft, OpenStack clouds (computerworld.co.nz)